|Classical Movements Commissions|
The Eric Daniel Helms New Music Program
Since the creation of the Eric Daniel Helms New Music Program in 2005, Classical Movements has been commissioning works for their own choral festivals and top clients as well as in support of composers world-wide.
General Criterion for Selection of Composer and Performances:
For more information please contact us.
- It is planned to commission at least one new piece each year
- We will entertain requests from all but give preference to our clients
- Given our great involvement in both choruses and orchestras we are especially interested in commissioning works that are for choruses and orchestras
- We will be commissioning some shorter works as well as longer works for youth and adult professional orchestras, children's as well as adult choruses, given our varied client base.
- We reserve the right to not commission a work one year but the plan/hope is to put in place at least 10 commissions over 10 years
- We will have essentially our own criteria for selecting the composer and organization but have an advisory committee in place and will welcome suggestions.
- We reserve the right to not review all applications from composers and organizations.
- We will give preference to initiatives from multiple performing arts organizations
- We will give great preference to anyone who plans to take the commissioned work on tour